Key items to be covered in the training day:
- Objective tonality assessment.
- Objective impulsivity assessment.
- Discussion on Context and Uncertainty.
- Usage and trends.
- Norsonic Instrumentation
- Campbell Associates for specific applications, calibration and sales
Commencement Time: 10:00am (Sharp)
BS 4142 describes methods for rating and assessing sound of an industrial or commercial nature. It enables the effects on people nearby to be assessed and the associated risks to be minimized. It is designed to give consistent results across situations ranging from a single air-conditioning unit to a large installation such as an oil refinery.
Since the last revision in 1997, acoustic instruments have changed and we know more about subjective responses to sound. This updated edition of BS 4142 takes account of the advances in technology and improves the accuracy of final assessments. Many sections of the standard have also been revised to improve clarity.
- Helps assess sound levels at proposed new residential premises
- Enables the investigation of complaints by determining sound levels
- Reduces the likelihood of financial penalties
- Supports Irish EPA Guidance (such as NG4)
BS 4142 is widely used in planning and public enquiries. It will be invaluable to environmental health officers, acoustics consultants, and anyone involved in planning, training or legal matters where sound levels may be an issue.
For Enquiries: https://acasiti.wordpress.com/2018/02/05/advanced-bs41422014-training-seminar/